Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Now Playing:
The Kinks, Village Green Preservation Society

Lately Played:Harry Nilsson, Son of Schmilsson
Jackie Mittoo, The Keyboard King at Studio One
Various, How Soon Is Now? (Smiths Tribute)
Hidden Cameras, Mississauga Goddam
Papercuts, Mockingbird
Aphex Twin, Come To Daddy

Last night's Halloween party went well. We had quite a bit of fun just hanging out with our guests. I put a spiked black collar on Flannery, who strutted around proud of her bad self in the thing. We ate tacos and snack mix and vegan cheesecake. Some of us drank Electric Reindeer wine. I spun a Halloween mix the contents to which I'll eventually post on the Pop Culture forum.

I can't find information anywhere on when trick-or-treaters start coming around tonight. We were told that quite a few will frequent our house so we stocked up on the candy. Please, kids, come and take it all. My self-control is terrible and despite the fact that I'm overweight, my body still keeps informing me it's time to start putting on my winter warmth.

I feel good right now. I got the bills done and it's always a major accomplishment to get those done right around the first of the month. I'm not very good at remembering to do them on time.

I'm not sure but I may have just officially stopped caring about this election. I only have two more days but the buzz has overtaken me and I'm sick of hearing about it. Too bad we'll be hearing about it for the next 3 months due to the inevitable dragged-on court battles sure to happen no matter who wins.I'm leaning toward voting for Nader as opposed to being pragmatic. I'm also considering writing in John McCain or Dennis Kucinich. And I wonder how people can tell I'm a Cubs fan.

If I could dress up like anything for Halloween tonight, my top 5 choices (in no particular order) would be:
-- an Oompa-Loompa
--Marc Bolan (of T. Rex)
--any of the apes from Planet of the Apes
--A Hobo (which I pretty much dress like 4 days a week anyway)
--Jonah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home