Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Monday, October 11, 2004

The aftertaste from Cold-eeze has me soured for the afternoon. I'm in a pretty good mood, just don't want to use my mouth for anything. Poor Stacey's out today with strep throat and I've got minor symptoms. I'll battle for at least a few days this week. We got free tickets to go see "Team America" tonight but everyone might be better off if we don't go.

We visited the zoo for the first time on Saturday with Walker, who had been there before. I've never really been much for zoos but I have to admit that Omaha's is impressive. We felt bad for some of the poor imprisoned animals (knowing full well that some of them end up in the zoo because for one reason or another they can't hack it in the wild), especially a lonely tiger whose depressed roar will probably haunt me for the rest of my life.
Also checked out Eden, a new place on 14th and Farnam. It's a bistro/Greek/coffeeshop/bar that's got all of the above until 1am anytime but Sundays. Our food was pretty tasty (sorry, not a food critic here) and they have a decent ice cream variety. The atmosphere is quite nice, actually. Not bright or flashy, but lovely Greek environment that's both classy and accessible. After hours of walking and gawking at entrapped quasi-wild-life, we were happy to find a place nearby with such a wonderful combination.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home