Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I logged into "Blogger" without really anything on my mind to write about. I just need to write a little. My head's been cloudy since I woke up at 5:30am and the coffee has yet to really affect much of anything. I'm at work and have things to do but little focus and less motivation. Too bad, yet good thing I don't have my own actual office. Then again, if I had my own office I'd probably also be in a job I'd want to be doing at 9:30 on a Tuesday morning. I'm looking for one, actually. Sunday night Walker came over and the three of us watched the first three episodes of "The Office," a BBC comedy. I found it very funny and far too spot-on. Hopefully I'll get to another three episodes sometime soon this week.
Stacey and I are both pretty enthused about our Sunday School teaching. She's got tons of great ideas for the younger kids. I'm working on a fairly different (at least to me) approach for the older elementary and high school class (which generally consists of two siblings). We're going to really focus on learning discernment within our American culture. Not some list of "good music versus bad music" or Focus on the Family type thing, but actually THINKING about these things, learning wisdom. The whole thing is really sort of frightening because I'm not exactly the wisest person in the world, but I know God is with us and I feel confident that we should be doing this.
The whole computer theft thing really keeps bringing me down. I feel frustrated that we're pretty much sure who did it and what happened but can't do anything about it. The police haven't even done a file on it yet, which is what I need for insurance purposes. I really want to get going with the insurance company so I can get a decent computer to work on again. Of course, there's still a matter of a $250 deductible and I'm not sure how we'll afford that...things will work out eventually, though, I hope. I still often have a difficult time not getting either utterly depressed or angry over the whole thing, unfortunately.
Hmm, I started this Tuesday morning, saved it as a draft, and here I resume.
Not much else to say, though. I've decided that starting this weekend I'll be pushing myself on my studying to take the MAT. Not the Metro Area Transit (though one does need to sort of study up in order to take that) but the Miller's Analogy Test, which I must take (well, that or the GRE) in order to get into Graduate school.

The best thing I could do for myself today is sit home and play solitaire and listen to REM records. Instead I'm at work trying to be a Good Secretary and not snipe at people on the forums who absolutely refuse to use their minds.

The more I think about it, the more I realize it could be quite some time before I get a decent computer to get the zine going again and such. That $250 deductible looms large. I called the police last night to find out about a report and still nothing. This afternoon I'm supposed to call the sergeant of the cop who came out and took my report originally. Should be another fun opportunity to get no helpful information whatsoever.

My dad noted in an email a couple days ago that when we talked on the phone Labor Day I sounded really stressed out and as if life's frustrations were really getting to me. I think he's probably right.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home