Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

As most anyone who would read this blog knows by now, I'm officially married. We're quite happy, thank you.

I wrote a good bit about our honeymoon on the Vagrant Cafe forum...Carter now named it "Joel's Flock" for some reason. I love that guy.
Here are 3 quick possibly weird things about our honeymoon I never posted there:
1. While driving on freeways to Chicago, one thing we did is listen to music lifted from old 78's from the 20's and 30's. It reminded us of early animation and we invented cartoon plots involving Flannery to correspond with the music. I don't know if it gets geekier or weirder than that.
2. Right before seeing the Cubs we ate at a sandwich place called "Lucky's." Everyone should eat at a place called "Lucky's" at some point during life...and this is a good one to eat at.
3. The whole time, we hauled around this piece of lemon pie left over from the rehearsal dinner we never made it to because of the wreck. Well, it started out as several pieces and we nibbled a bit here and there because we didn't want to spazz out from sugar and were getting enough of it from various desserts.

Note: "Continental Breakfast" is a term that means everything from a vast array of fresh juices, bagels, donuts, muffins and great coffee to a countertop holding terribly coffee, day-old donuts and little tiny cans of rancid orange juice.

We're hoping to move into a new place this coming weekend...or at least start about that time. This week we're staying in Stacey's efficiency but spending some time at my townhouse because that's where the internet, cable, and a little bit more space all come true.

Dozens of things I'd like to write about but can't quite today...probably won't much until we're all moved in, but the occasional break at work begs for blog updates so who knows.

In other news, aforementioned roommate paid $50 before we left on the honeymoon. While we were away, he gave my roommate (who is staying with his folks for a week or so until the townhouse is less chaotic) $80 more, though when he told me about it he made it sound like he gave him the remaining balance. Luckily Ben (other roommate) said he'd work with him on it so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I think Ben probably thinks that if I have to deal with it much more, I'll end up sending thugs to break the guy's legs or something. I'm not too happy about all this and have vocalized my sentiments fairly bluntly on more than one occasion.

Listening to: Badly Drawn Boy, One Plus One Is One

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home