Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Stacey's driving to Indiana today and making pretty good time. She and I both really enjoy just taking nice long drives, which is part of why our honeymoon will be so fun. Hit play and zoom down the road. I guarantee anyone that I munch more than she does while driving, however. I made her several mix CDs for the drive, 2 of which are spoken word for if she gets sick of music...driving down the road listening to Kerouac and Ginsberg is so incredibly spiritual.

I get to catsit. I think we're having a fishfry tonight.

So I have this new roommate. I think he's under the impression that our place is some sort of frat house or something. I'll withhold any sort of dissertations on the guy until my own computer is safely in my own house, but I'm really sort of wondering a lot right now. Like why he moved into a place with low low rent and then still puts me off when I ask for a rent check. Maybe he just wasn't informed from the get-go, I don't know...since I'm moving out really soon I just let Ben handle all that.

Launch just started a station with all Beatles covers. Out of curiosity I'm giving it a listen. So far it's been "Good Morning, Good Morning" by Critical Mass, an absolutely pointless "Here Comes The Sun" by Voodoo Glow Skulls, Tori Amos moaning out "Happiness is a Warm Gun," George Benson chilling out "Something" even more as it is then tacking "Octopus" at the end, u2's belted out redo of "Helter Skelter," "Dear Prudence" according to Siouxsie, and so on. My favorite so far is this "Hey Jude" by the Grateful Dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home