Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Thursday, August 05, 2004

The big music news buzzing across the 'net (so why mention it here?) is that a few artists are joining together for a brief "Vote for Change" tour that will be sort of the "headliners" amongst other artists (and some smaller shows won't feature the headliners; in other words, there are several "Vote for Change" tours going on)...the main one being Bruce Springsteen, Bright Eyes and R.E.M. (and for some reason, John Fogerty tacked on there). I guess the Pearl Jam and Death Cab for Cutie tour is big-name...I'd love to go see My Morning Jacket again if they weren't opening for Dave Matthews (though Jurassic 5 on that tour is tempting). The closest tour to me is the Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Keb 'Mo one. Nebraska is as far from being a battleground state as it gets, so none of these are coming to Nebraska or Lincoln.

I'm curious how (or if) the Bush Administration will counter. Maybe a Toby Keith, William Hung, Ted Nugent tour? Omaha can only hope. Anyone who's seen Fahrenheit 9/11 knows Britney is probably a Bush supporter, but that would be a pretty lousy move on the Republican part on a number of levels.

As of last night, two inspectors still need to go through our new place before we can move in. A couch at Retro has our name on it and the management insists we get it picked up this weekend...unless things get pushed through in the next two days, we'll have to rent a truck or van just to get the couch and I have no idea where we're going to put it. Not Good.

Just for fun I think I'm going to start posting my updates to both my regular site and on Xanga and LiveJournal as well. That way those who read my comments on their blogs can just click and read if they choose. Presumptuous and self-indulgent, I agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home