Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Our landlord called me Tuesday afternoon and said we could officially begin habitation. We love the new place and hopefully I'll have some pictures in a couple weeks. We're still moving in a few more things from our old places, getting utilities and internet and such switched over, and arranging everything so my time after work finds itself full of these maneuvers.
With this being the first week of school (and last week sorority recruitment, which I won't discuss here), work is fairly busy and interesting as well. My boss and I somehow managed to squeak in time to do my 6 month evaluation. We agree I'm not necessarily the best fit for the job; most of my talents aren't put to use and the job requires talents I don't necessarily possess in more than tiny quantities. While I'm "trying very hard," the job is pretty conflicting with my personality and that shows up. I'm still good enough to be taken off the 6 month probation (that everyone is under their first six months) and not in danger of losing my job, but we both agree it shouldn't be any big surprise when sometime in the next few months I'm at least actively looking for a better job for me. It's refreshing to have a nice honest talk to a boss about this sort of thing. The key here is to find a job that capitalizes on my ability to "be creative" and "analyze," and preferably one that doesn't have anything to do with a deep fryer. In the Bush economy, a BA in General Studies doesn't mean much (if it ever did).

Switching gears back to the first topic for a sentence or two...
Once I'm nicely moved in and have my little home office set up, the Vagrant Cafe zine is actually going to start happening again. I'm bursting with the need to write; let's hope it's still there when the time comes.

Thanks for reading the most boring paragraphs you'll read this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home