Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Friday, October 15, 2004

Nothing like losing half the work week to being sick. I'm the first to admit that I call in the occasional "mental health day" for one reason or another but this week I was out 2.5 days with the cold/flu thing. Didn't want to spend too much time on the old computer but managed to keep up with the email, for the most part. Owe my grandma one, though. The bad part about being home sick from work is that because I'm sick I can't do other work I'd like to at home. Tuesday afternoon Stacey was sick (yes, she was sick earlier and I caught this from her!) and we at least got to commiserate. Wednesday afternoon I and the cat watched two Westerns on television. She liked that I was home and kept curling up next to me, on top of me, getting irritated at the fairly frequent bathroom trips resulting from following advice and drinking lots of fluids. By Thursday I was sick of television and nothing I really wanted to watch was on, plus television was hurting my head at that point. I listened to Smile and the new MeWithoutYou and that helped alleviate the terrible combination of sickness and restlessness.

In other news, the deal I was waiting for Dell to cycle back to came through, I've made my order and it should be shipping 22 October. I made sure to get a DVD burner on this one since people are asking us for copies of our wedding DVD.

Tonight's a big night. Sure, we're not quite recovered from our sicknesses but I won free tickets to go see RENT tonight. I saw it a few years ago in Chicago but Stacey's not seen it. I think she'll enjoy the show. She's picking up dinner from our favorite cheap Mexican place (Alvarado's, for you Omaha folks). After a rough week, that'll be a good start to the weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home