Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Nicole commented: Not to shatter your dreams, but graduating and getting that degree may not make you feel much better. Of course, I work for a public university in TX, so maybe I am a little cynical. There are people here with no degree that make more than me, but such is life. I'm sure you know all this anyway. Good luck with school!


Good point.
I don't really see the degree being an end in and of itself. I honestly don't really pay attention to degrees and such. I know people with doctorates who are absolute idiots and I would never hire. I know or know of people without degrees who are brilliant. And yes...getting a degree isn't necessarily job insurance. For me, it's really just a first step. I don't know what the next step will be, but sometimes a degree is needed just to get a foot in the interview door, so to speak. I am also interested in graduate school someday. We'll see. I suppose you could say I am cautiously optimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home