Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Monday, April 07, 2003

April 7 and it's been snowing since last night. This is insane. Good thing it will be gone by the end of the week.

I had a really great weekend but am pretty run down now. I'm actually not feeling too well and the odds are against me being able to be at work tomorrow if this continues. I could force myself, of course, but that would only postpone my having to take a sick day and would probably make things worse. This isn't about me being tired from partying, it's about having a cold coming on and needing to give my immune system a break.

It's good to have Liz visiting. Last night we hung out at Caffeine Dreams, visited several record stores and lamented all the great stuff we can't quite afford, then went to my apartment and drank coffee and hung out with Ben. It was really great to have good conversations with her, tell her about how wonderful *C is and how beautiful our relationship is, and just kind of have the conversations Liz and I have about music, spirituality, scenes, friends, etc. All in all, she's pretty much another sister and it's good to catch up. And yes, you read correctly, I am in a very great relationship with an amazing woman named *C. I generally save my mush for more personal conversations with her, though I'm sure more will spill over into the blog as time goes on.

Right now I am listening to the Launch "Slowcore" station. Today they've played stuff by Labradford, Red House Painters, Luna, Sigur Ros, Damon & Naomi, Cat Power, Mellowdrone, Mark Eitzel and American Music Club. I may need to switch soon to something a bit more conducive to staying awake, however.

What else have I been into the last couple days?

  • The Black Keys, thickfreakness
  • Cursive, The Ugly Organ
  • Ester Drang, Infinite Keys
  • Spoon, Kill the Moonlight
  • The Wondermints, Mind if We Make Love To You
  • a split ep with Brett Daniels (Spoon) and Bright Eyes

    (27)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home