Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Well, I've been working on a Denison Witmer article. The transcribing is done, now I just need to have the roomful of monkeys (and squirrels) whip something together.

I've been drinking quite a bit of water today. I realize I'm the only one here paranoid about being dehydrated, but it's information I felt worthy of sharing.

My roommate Ben and I went to the park on Sunday afternoon and threw a frisbee around. Ben works out regularly, has an athletic build, and knew what he was doing. I hadn't touched a frisbee in literally years, so it probably seemed to him as if he was out there trying to toss discs with a five year old. I did get a good workout, though, running after the frisbee. That little session helped me realize how out of shape I really am. It's officially spring and while I'm busy, I do find time for good walks more these days. My next step (no pun intended) is to find some running shoes and start walking faster, jogging and running. I like to mix the 3 in together when I go out out. I tell myself it's a balanced workout when I know very well it's a way around admitting I just can't run a certain time or distance. I think maybe one of these days I need to get a football (somewhere I have a weird nerf one) and we could have some fun with that. I'm not really an athlete at all, but I could use to lose some of the extra flab I have hanging around and do something heart-healthy.

What I'm listening to:
The Clash, Sandinista!
Mae, Destination: Beautiful
Kathleen Edwards, Failer
Brandtson, Death and Taxes
Far Star, Broken Down and Wandering
Tricky, Blowback
The Byrds, Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Wilco, Summerteeth

Also, for the record...there's a situation (or two) I'm not going to really get into right now, but there are people in this world who really need to be under constant supervision so they'll just stop hurting themselves and others.

The world's largest Wind Farm is going to be located in Iowa.

Ever wonder who profits from war?
Fascinating article and more than a little revealing.

I'm too lazy to find a link, but the Midol.com website has a great educational game featuring superheroes who fight various PMS and menstrual symptoms.

Anyway, there's your happy new blurb to read. Feel free to use the "comments" to say hello, tell me how stupid I am, or ask me questions I have no intention of answering.
Now go eat some fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home