Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Sunday, March 02, 2003

It's been a nutty week. This will most likely be a fairly short update as I'm at work (no 'net at home) and really must go back and do some homework before American Dreams comes on and I make a phone call after that.

I had dinner at Ryan & Jenni's last night. Kelly was also there. What a great time! Wonderful people. It's good to have such good people as friends.

Today after church, during our "coffee hour," I had some interesting conversations, the most interesting of which was with two people from our church who are both almost 80. We talked about death. They both have had experiences lately where they thought they were on the way out and we just had a really interesting discussion about death, being ready, etc. I swear, I must sound sick to most of you people, but it was one of my favorite conversations (not counting ones with i-know-who) I've had in quite some time. One of the people I graduated with died this past week. I just kind of always knew that not all of us would make it to our 10 year anniversary. There were fewer than twenty of us to graduate that year, but I still just somehow knew. Not that I'm not surprised...this was very sudden (a car accident) and the whole situation is very tragic. I find myself thinking about death fairly often. I'm not particularly up for talking about it right now (see the first paragraph here), but I suppose it just enters my mind fairly often.

Tomorrow is 03-03-03. For some reason, this is interesting to quite a few people.

Okay, well, time to go home and get some stuff done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home