Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Sunday, March 30, 2003

I'm sitting here trying to work on an Annotated Bibliography paper for a book called The Gospel According to the Simpsons. It's an interesting book, but I'm going to have to stretch to do a ton on my subject, which is "Rhetoric in The Simpsons. I also have on "Baseball Tonight." The first game of the 2003 baseball season is tonight, though it's really the only game until tomorrow, the official "Opening Day." At 9pm I'll be going to see Bright Eyes play, which should be enjoyable. I should also be working on an article on Denison Witmer, too.

I also take breaks to handwash a few essential articles of clothing. I'm very tempted to take tomorrow afternoon off sick to come watch the first Cubs game of the year. Oh well, I suppose this is responsible life as an adult.

Earlier today I finished an essay about one of the techniques used by some youth leaders and speakers to get kids to promise to be abstinent until marriage. I think they should focus more on purity of heart rather than the importance of avoiding an act. Not only will give a better perspective going into choices, but help people approach life responsibly. I know I for one never focused on purity of heart because I figured I was fine since I'd never even had a girlfriend, kissed, etc. A pure approach to life will result in a pure approach to sexuality; we all make mistakes, we all fall, but the way of looking at life is more important than tiptoeing around a specific act. That's the gist of the essay; hopefully the whole thing will be published on our zine soon.

There's your update. I hope it's more interesting next time, eh?

With Love & Squalor,
Jo-el

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home