Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Today's the day I've decided to listen to Dylan's Biograph. Not really a favorite of most of the kids who wander up to the desk, but none of them have even probably ever heard of Robert Johnson, so I'm happy to be some weird old guy listening "that dood who did Mr. Tambourine Man and Blowin' in the Wind and stuff."

My intention going into last night was to put up a couple reviews, but we'll try and get those in the next couple of days. I ended up spending a significant amount of time making us a nice dinner, hanging out with S., then watching 24. By the time she was tired and I got to the computer, I only had time for homework. I would rather have stayed up to midnight working on things but that just wasn't to be, what with early morning alarms and whatnot.

I've finally decided which critic to "follow" for my African-American novels class: Henry Louis Gates, Jr. http://www.galegroup.com/free_resou...bio/gates_h.htmOf course, he's terribly prolific, so finding something he's written that pertains to some element of whatever novel we're reading any given week should be relatively easy. The man's one of the leading academics of our time (has chaired and developed the Black Studies Dept. @ Harvard for years), someone with whom anyone studying literature or Black Studies should at least be a little acquainted.

Right about now, my nephew should be getting his first peek at the world. I've not heard anything quite yet, but I remember hearing my sister should be getting into surgery around noon, eastern time. Welcome, little Benjamin Isaac!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home