Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Thursday, January 13, 2005

The heavily busy week continues, but tonight's the end of the heaviest. The past two nights I've had classes. Monday night I started doing our parish's bookstore inventory but got cut off early when Stacey's class got out early (we had to carpool that day), which means more for tonight. I can't guarantee that I'll finish the inventory tonight, but having at least Friday night semi-free would be great.

My classes promise to be quite wonderful. One of these days I'll get around to describing them a bit more. Michial is in one of them with me, and it's difficult to not sit there and wisecrack the whole time. We behaved pretty well last night, anyway. It's great to have a good friend with whom to share a class.

I took one of those crazy internet tests that go around, this one asking various questions in an attempt to find out what age I act. The answer they came up with is "30," which is probably the closest to my age they offer. I'm not sure if that means I'm in good shape or not...for whatever a short meme test is worth.

What I've listened to today:
Electric Prunes, Mass in F Minor
Son House, Live at the Gaslight Coffee House, NYC, 1965
The Byrds, 5th Dimension
A few Screamin' Jay Hawkins songs
"Tracks Inspired By Dylan" compilation compiled by Uncut magazine (included with January issues)
Little Brazil, You and Me (band that's currently local but releasing this record on a Seattle label in the coming month and should be going national soon. I've heard all these songs a number of times live and really enjoy this outfit.)

Reading today: an article in Touchstone I don't have time to link to
feature article in Uncut, about Dylan's Blood on the Tracks album and the whole situation behind it.
Bright Eyes article at http://www.timmcmahan.com/brighteyes5.htm, or at least a little of it so far.

All right, time to leave work, put gas in the tank, and inventorize until I keel over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home