Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Thursday, January 20, 2005

First, Happy Birthday to Walker...not sure if he reads this or not.What's especially funny is that as I start to write this, the song "Detachable Penis" started playing on my Launch player. I remember in high school or in the next couple years, we saw that video and it changed our lives. Today's been interesting. Determined to lose all this extra weight I've gained, I embarked on a morning walk. Unable to see the ice at the bottom of our front door steps, I found myself slamming into the ground. Tupac was in my headphones talking about being a soldier and since nothing was broken, I got up and walked around for a while in the pre-7am darkness. Just a couple minutes after I got back into the house, the power went out. We've now learned not to run the hair dryer and space heater from the same outlet (or maybe not at the same time at all). I left the landlord a voicemail, called my boss to tell her I'd be late and drove to the university. I'd been pondering getting a fitness center membership for the semester and I'm not sure which sealed it, my needing a shower or the fear of ice. I ended up only half an hour late for work...not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home