Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Occasionally we run into perfect juxtaposition. Today my station on Launch played the Mamas & Papas' "California Dreamin'," then "California Stars" by Billy Bragg & Wilco. I can't pretend that hasn't made my day. The week's been as rough as any week in quite some time, between being sick since Sunday night and a constant barrage of garbage at work. It's tough enough to get through the work week, much less with a bad cold...to have various accounting and human resources issues to have to deal with where I have to correct others' screwups, all while handling phone calls and a steady stream of people at the desk, not to mention people standing or sitting near my desk and talking...this all just needs to be over. Someday soon, perhaps. So, anyway, hearing those two songs right in a row really did make my day. Leaving the paper due tonight on my computer at home, however, presents a challenge. I hope Stacey gets her voicemail in time. Really should've called her before now. This isn't good. I actually got it done early, which explains why I forgot about it. Figures.

In better news, Carter reworked the articles and music reviews areas...not only do they have a nice crisp snappy neato torpedo look, but I can also now post who contributed the story, which is definitely the way we want it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home