Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

True Story:
A guy calls here. I answer the phone with the normal greeting of the company name and he says "Hi, Mrs. Pinsky." I tell him, "No, my name is Joel." He then asks if Mrs. Pinsky is there. I inform him that there is no one by that name who works here. He explains that the operator somewhere else gave him this number (it's actually one the number of an empty cubicle in the back) and told him to call "(first three numbers withheld)-33370." I tell him that there are only 7, not 8 digits in a phone number. He argues that this is the number he was given so it should work. I start to get a bit frustrated and tell him that no, it can't possibly be the right number. He insists it is. I tell him it's wrong and he needs to call back the person who gave it to him because this isn't going to get him anywhere.

This sort of thing happens far too often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home