Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Sunday, April 27, 2003

my day:

12am First mass of Easter. Amazing. Simply Amazing service. Potluck afterward.

2am I'm driving home, singing along with Nirvana's "Lithium" hoarsely.

i got home around 2:10am from Easter Mass. My roommate was parking his car at the same time as I was so we walked in together. We share about our days, etc. I read an email from my special someone, send her some mush in return, and went to bed around 3am.

8:30am I wake up, take a few minutes to figure out it's not 9am yet and go back to sleep. I have a dream that I don't remember now but involves me carrying around my phone knowing my girlfriend will be calling soon.

9am Special Someone calls and we talked for about an hour and a half.

10:30am Intending to work on my final project paper, I get on the computer and promptly write a long response to one of my good friends. I also eat a pancake made by my roommate and a couple donuts.

11:30am I decide it's time to go to the grocery store and grab the sunday paper and maybe some food. there's no church this morning because of the midnight mass and it feels weird not to have left the house yet, so i really need to do this. i do so.

12:30pm (approximately) I return and get on the computer. Special someone has returned home from church and is on IM. we talk on IM and then the phone for a while.

2:30pm She has to go to work so I watch the Cubs game, eat some lunch, talk to my roommate, try to work on my project, respond to some emails, etc.

5-7pm I decide it's time for a walk. I wander down and walk around in the park for a while. I get back to the house, think about my paper a bit more, just generally piddle around.

7-8pm Watch American Dreams. I do some other stuff on the computer while watching it.

8pm I stop by an ATM and go to the Sunday Painter's (something) at Sullivan's. For some odd reason (that odd reason being that it was advertised as such) I thought that Azure Ray was playing around 8 but they won't play until after another band that starts at 9:30, as it turns out. I look at the art and spend about 45 minutes at the bar, nursing a martini and watching the overhead television (old Harold Lloyd silent comedies on TCM) and listening to the conversation by the cool kids. At one point one of the lesbians sitting a couple seats down proclaims (about the actor's granddaughter who is hosting the set on tv), " dude, she's got some bomb ass tits." After a while, I check out the art being displayed and go home.

9:15-9:45 talk on the phone with Special Someone while she's at work.

10pm on....Sip on my rum & Big K diet cola, play on the computer, actually work on my paper (*gasp*), email, and watch the Boston Red Sox and Anaheim Angels go into extra innings (as I type this, the Sox just launched back to back homers into the seats in the top of the 14th. the camera pans to Ben Affleck cheering like a madman in the front row while his date J-Lo tries to look happy for him. i am NOT making this up).

it's just after 11pm now and around 11:30, my special someone will get home, we'll talk on IM and then the phone until sleepytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home