Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Friday, May 21, 2004

My Launch Player just went from Bright Eyes' "Let's Not Shit Ourselves" to some sort of new French lounge singer (nothing anywhere near Serge Gainsburg)...very unfortunate. Luckily next up was "Big Sur" by The Thrills and "She's a Jar" by Wilco. Then some His Name Is Alive.

Even more unfortunate:
An older gentleman was shot in a grocery store near here where I go once in a while. Apparently some Unidentified White Male (I wish they'd just stay in
their part of town!) was standing behind him at the ATM and just up and shot him.

In other news, our bigtime planning continues. The big wedding goals right now include finding a place and food for a rehearsal dinner, a photographer, and approximately 17 Oompa Loompas. There's also a matter of wedding bands (which is no small deal). I'll need a suit, as well. I have nothing against suits but I look terrible in them. I'm not just taking part in my usual self-deprecation here: I have long arms, which requires that I get a bigger suitcoat, but a small upper body...so I either swim or feel strangled. Recent lack of self-discipline and metabolism dives have brought upon a bit of a gut, only complicating matters further. While I don't mind wearing suits, I absolutely hate trying things on...so this could be one of the biggest difficulties in the road to July 17. The other situation facing us is that of housing. Stacey's locked into a lease through Aug. 31 so either she pays rent through then or pays the expenses related to the landlord finding someone new. It's only an efficiency and there's no way we can fit in there, even for a couple months. I'm already making moves to get the place advertised and inhabited when we need it to be (probably July 1). I don't think finding ourselves a place will be much of a problem (we're already in contact with a few people, figuring out what we want, etc.) but what to do with her current apartment is the huge issue right now. It's also hard to say what might happen with my own roommates in the next couple months...Dean may end up going to Los Angeles soon and Ben's a man of many ideas, one of which may end up working out...so we'll just have to see.
Ugh, yes, boring terrible writing. Sorry.

Today's DPB:
Mr. President:
We plan to fulfill your request to tape episodes of "Method & Red" on Fox this summer. We also noticed that in promotion of this new program, Method Man and Redman have put together a site where you can make your own mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home