Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I'm not sure why you wrote that either, Kate, but thank you...that was nice and I don't ever mind. Do you have a blog somewhere?
I really need to get working on putting some links up. It's one of my thousand summer projects.

I went and grabbed The River Bends' ...and flows into the sea record that just came out today. I'm an absolute sucker for Denison Witmer. It's neat to hear him backed by a complete band this time around. The Good Life has a new EP out today, as well.
Brian Wilson's new record comes out 22 June. Nowhere too near me has midnight record sales (Omaha as a town all goes to sleep after the 10pm News) and I wish I could pick it up at one of those.

So many other records I want right now that are really only available via mailorder...VBM has a good number, as does Northern Records...I lust for that They Sang As They Slew album.

Besides (but in correlation with) the wedding, the big news and undertaking here is getting ready to move. I'm pretty happy that we're starting the process of finding a place pretty early on and have really good contacts we're working with. A couple of our options are within a couple blocks of where one of both of us live now. I told Stacey if we move into one of those places we could just form a "bucket brigade" style moving chain. We almost could. I've already (two months before I would actually move!) started sorting through the boxes and stored stuff in my basement. Sunday afternoon and evening I got rid of probably 5 or 6 boxes' worth and got a few more in the process of being worked through. Meanwhile my roommate somehow inherited (from friends moving, not a death in the family) a crazy amount of furniture. Stacey and I already had a couple dressers, a vanity, and a bedframe up in my dining room to store for a month or so before we move, but now the addition of all this other stuff has turned the place into some sort of furniture warehouse. At least I don't have to worry about Ben doing without once I move and take most of my stuff with me. We got rid of this couch I've had for a long time...a long nostalgic piece is sure to come out of that, I'm sure, in a later post.

DPB:
Mr. President:
Seriously...it's going to take a lot more than huffing and puffing to blow your house down so please, just relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home