Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

As has been announced on the Vagrant Cafe Everyday Cafe board, Stacey and I are getting married this summer. This has all been in the works for quite some time, of course, but now seemed like a good time to be more public with it. Our wedding site is right here in case anyone feels like more details. I'm sure a few details will drop in and out of my blog as time goes on.

In other news, here I am now, the graduate. I found out yesterday that to get into grad school all I need is a certain number of credits (which I've already fulfilled) and taking either the MAT or GRE placement test. The issue now is that the class I need to pretty much start off the graduate program starts at 4:15pm. One might ask, "well, you work 8-5 on campus, can't you just take off an hour early once a week and make up your work time a different way?" Unfortunately, when I took this job one of the conditions was specifically that I NOT take any classes before 5. Apparently the person in this position before me abused the kindness of my boss in allowing her to do that once in a while...next thing you know, she was taking classes during work hours and creating a problem. As a result, the issue was addressed during my interview and I agreed to that condition, thinking more at the time about the fact that I needed to eat and pay rent than the fact that perhaps the only class required for the graduate program just happens to start at 4:15. At this point I'm not sure if I should approach my boss about it, thus putting myself in the position of going back on an agreement, or...whatever other options I have. I suppose we'll see what happens. I don't think it's any secret that my education is most important to me right now and I have to do what I need to in order to further that. I definitely don't plan to be a secretary for the rest of my life, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home