Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Just over a week left of classes and the train is careening, tottering, wondering if track, engine, and wheels will all hold for just a few more miles. What's terrible is that my time is running out to register for classes next fall. Sure, I'll have my Bachelor's degree by the end of next week, but loftier goals await. I mean, being a secretary isn't terrible but it's also not really my long-term mission.

For my Culture of the 60's class I'm doing an analyzation on the different approaches taken by two different kinds of press (official -- like daily newspapers, according to the theorists we have to go by for the assignment -- and popular press, which would be your magazines and that sort of thing). Right now I'm looking at working with two different interviews of Bob Dylan I found: one by the Chicago Daily News, in Nov. '65, and one by Playboy in January '66. The work won't be particularly easy, considering Dylan viewed interviews at that time as a way to say terribly funny things and make crazy statements that weren't necessarily really where he was at. He started becoming fairly contradictory at this point, as well. Here are links to the two interviews, in case you care:
http://www.interferenza.com/bcs/interw/65-nov26.htm
http://www.interferenza.com/bcs/interw/66-jan.htm

As always, I crave your comments. What they give me isn't so much validation as much as a sense of having some sort of actual communication with people who enjoy reading my occasional ramblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home