Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Friday, April 09, 2004

I tried to catch up on lost sleep last night but I can't spend more than about 7 hours in bed without my back and neck getting sore on me. I also woke up more tired than I felt going to bed...Flannery kept poking her cold wet little nose into my face and butting her head into me in an attempt to make me get up but I worked so hard to stay in bed that I eventually got her lying down and purring, at which point the clock radio started playing that terrible Kid Rock "Cowboy" song and getting out of bed made a lot more sense.

Tonight Omaha has two shows going on that I'd like to hit. If I get to either of them, it will be Michael Hurley at the Darkroom. He came out of the Greenwich Village folk scene in the early 60s and I wouldn't mind catching him live...Simon Joyner's playing the show, as well, and somehow I haven't gotten to any of his shows yet, so maybe tonight's the night. Stacey's flying in tonight, though, and getting in around 9, so it all sort of depends on how we're both feeling at that point. The other very good show happening is Two Gallants plus some other bands. Two Gallants (catch the reference and you win prestige) are folk and blues-based but embrace the electric. Coast of Nebraska, who I really do want to see one of these days, and someone else are also there. They're playing the 49'r, though, and Stacey's not quite 21, so that's out. It's all good, within the next few weeks I'll definitely be at two shows and possibly more.

Last...I encourage everyone to spend some time in contemplation the next few days. The only suggestion I'll overtly make is to attend a Stations of the Cross service or find it on the internet somewhere and read and pray in your own space. As Johnny Cash sang and sings, "sometimes it moves me to tremble."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home