Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Sunday, August 10, 2003

You know, it's really great to live in an age where we can blog. Someday maybe I'll actually take advantage of it. Well, you know, more often.

Tonight I finished my last chapter of my Online Astronomy course. Now just the test tomorrow. Then I have a couple weeks off until fall semester. This week will still be very busy, but next week hopefully I can get some relaxation.
It's Sunday night and I'm finally done with the very necessary work that had to be done...and have a little time to write...but my mind is too tired. This is how it's been for far too long now. I'm really very sorry, I apologize to myself.
The past couple weekends have been crazy busy but fun. Last week a group of us went to see Unwed Sailor in Des Moines. It was quite great to spend time with old friends again. I miss times in Chicago. I went to Des Moines with Liz, Jason (aka Mr. Opuszine) and Jared, a friend we've all recently made. He's a really sharp guy, as my dad would say. A really good guy and lots of fun. That was Saturday night and the night after that, some of us went to Jared's because a farmer friend had given him lots of corn. So we sat around and ate corn on the cob. That's the kind of fun we have here in Nebraska and Iowa (where he technically lives).
This weekend Kevin from St. Louis drove up. Friday night was a birthday part of Jill, which was a good time. Then Saturday Jonathon Smith and Katy (a wonderfully happy engaged couple, I should point out) came up. We attempted a cookout--my veggie/soy items turned out all right, but the rest of the (meat) stuff didn't quite get done. I'm the worst griller ever. Well, I shouldn't say that...technically I'm still not a griller, so I'd be making progress just to be the worst griller ever. I grew up with a gas grill, what can I say? Anyway, after that Jonathon played a set on his guitar in my living room. I'm not going to give a review, but it was a blast. I really do love his songs and they're interesting both lyrically and musically and you should all really give his tunes a listen. I'll link later when I'm not lazy. I forget what else we did except I watched the Cubs lose their second in a row in L.A. (they won today, though) and we sat around listening to music and we ended up going out for a latenight ice cream run. They came to church with me this morning, we ate some lunch, and they had to be on their way. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening working on that Astronomy, watching the Cubs beat the Dodgers (then later, the Cardinals beat the Braves) while I studied and mumbled and scratched my head. Kevin and Liz and I all got a kick out of the neighborhood kids. Now that they know I have a scooter, they ask to borrow it all the time but are VERY impressively good about returning it to me. One boy came and rang my doorbell and knocked to return it to me tonight. Anyway, there's the report on my weekend. Oh, and we got some decent rain this evening.

I'd make comments about how much I'm dreading going into work these days, but who knows, someone from work may read this, so I'll save it.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home