Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

One of the exciting (take that as you will) things about my job is the fact that I work at several different desks, depending on the day of the week, co-workers' absences, etc. 3 days a week right now I am in someone's cube; I've described it in this blog before.
Yesterday she was working and had a horrible cold. She sounded really miserable and I felt really sorry for her. She's kind of a sister type for me and usually she's good for a tease or two, but I felt so bad for her that I didn't even make fun of her at all.
So this morning I'm sitting here, having recently finished eating some breakfast while sitting here, and I realize...I'm in her cube, soaking up her germs, using her keyboard and mouse (I usually switch phones, thank goodness).
Understand that I'm a hypochondriac already.
So, rather than spending my lunch hour here, eating leftover soy sloppy joes and reading my History of Mass Communications homework reading, I'll be heading over to the Super Wal*Mart in Council Bluffs (thus endangering my health even more just being in that town) and picking up some echinacea, Cold-eez, and whatever else enters my little mind as being necessary to stave off a cold. Normally I wouldn't be this crazy about it, but Special Company is coming next week and I just have to be busy with everything going on, anyway, and so this would not be a good time for that wicked cold that's running around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home