Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Today's been a big day for belligerent morons. Two conversations:

Woman standing at my desk: Yes, I need you to give me one of your fall catalogs.
Joel: Sorry, they're not out yet.
Woman: Yes, they are. Please give me one.
Joel: No, they are still in development.
Woman: No, they're out. We have them at (company name) already.
Joel: Wow, well let me go check. Considering they were still working on them yesterday, maybe we printed some overnight and delivered a special batch right to your company.
(Joel wanders around in back for a couple minutes, gets an approximate date of publication, comes back)
Joel: They won't be out until early August.
Woman: They're not out yet?
Joel: Right.

And so on. She would NOT admit she could possibly be mistaken.


Second conversation:

Joel: Hello, (company name).
Old Guy on Phone: Yes, is this Sarah?
Joel: No. There's no Sarah here.
Old Guy: Well, can you get her for me?
Joel: No, you have a wrong number. No one named Sarah works here.
Old Guy: Then take a message for me.
Joel: I can't take a message for someone that doesn't work here.
Old Guy started talking again but another call was coming in so I had to hang up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home