Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Monday, July 21, 2003

I have also now today listened to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here. I just turned on Old by Starflyer 59. Usually I don't listen to this many albums at work, but I need my favorite music today.

I think a lot these days about placement. "Where's my place?" That sort of thing. I suppose that's not unusual for people in their mid-20s to ponder. Of course, I have been for years, but more lately than ever. I guess now that I have an actual date of when I hope to graduate from college, I keep thinking about where to go from there. My main concern is being able to provide and pay the bills well while having time for significant other and eventually family, writing, the magazine, etc. If possible, however, I would like something more fulfilling. We'll see.

I keep having to correct myself for thinking of God in terms of karma. My thoughts keep straying to "After working so hard in school and being responsible at a job I don't like, surely God will make sure it all pays off." Yes, Scripture talks about sowing and reaping, but I'm not really a big believer in karma and don't want to incorporate that into my spirituality. It could be that I don't find a better job. Who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home