Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Nothing too new to report here. I’ve had quite a few thoughts, but little opportunity to tap them out and get them on a screen.

At the moment, our department at work is having excruciatingly painful IT issues – our email and internet have both been down all day (and were much of yesterday afternoon).
The guy on campus said that the backbone is down. All I can picture in my mind is a scene from the infamous Mortal Kombat video game series where one of the characters, urged by the crowd to “Finish Him,” reaches into his opponent’s body, rips out the spine and proudly waves it for all to see.

Obviously this was written earlier, as I wouldn't be able to post it if the internet were still down.

I've been pretty busy...since the last entry (well, besides the one earlier today), S. and her family have moved her into town. I loved hanging out with them and she and I have spent a lot of time together since. She starts her job next week and I start school then, too (her school starts week after that, I believe), so very soon we'll be very very busy; I'm not used to being able to just relax on my evenings, much less spend time with her, and it will be awhile before I'll be able to again regularly, so we're really enjoying this week. Nothing like staying up late having undisturbed conversations. We've also enjoyed renting the occasional movie. Last night we watched "Steal This Movie," a biographic film about Abbie Hoffman. Fascinating, Inspiring.

We've been "officially" together 6 months as of today. So the schmoopy blather is allowed. : )

In other news, I'd just like to say that Carter is great with the Vagrant Cafe web design.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home