Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I don't know anyone who enjoys getting spam. I do my share of grumbling about unsolicited ads, that's for sure.
Now the government is promising (and beginning to deliver on) anti-spam legislation. We're working on shutting spammers down.

Yet...is this a good thing?
OF COURSE, you tell me, as if I'm crazy.
However...someone out there gets paid to spam. Companies wouldn't spam if there weren't a return, if people weren't responding to the ads. So...spam helps further the economy...does that mean, then, that less spam will reduce income for some, thus becoming a well-intentioned blow to an already crippled economy?
I have no idea. Just something I was thinking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home