Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Friday, February 11, 2005

Wednesday was a good day for sickness. I woke up at 5am with a rattling headache that got no better while I worked out (which consisted of batting around a racquetball because I didn't feel steady or energetic enough for the elliptical) turned into nausea early on at work. I spent an hour and a half at work before finally calling it quits. The rest of the workday I spent huddled in bed, just trying to sleep. The cat kept me company for much of the time, content to just lie there while I wished for rest. I did get a few hours sleep, which is probably half of what I really needed, as sleeping hours are fairly reduced these days. I felt close to fine by the time I left for my class at night. I'll get back to working out tomorrow...I've felt a decent amount of energy, just a bit weak and not quite all there the last couple days, and feel like I'll be fine tomorrow.

I ate lunch with Michial today -- he works at the university now, too. He really digs his job so far and it's a great set-up for his situation...I'm very happy for him. The buffet had fish n' chips today, so it all worked out pretty well.

This weekend's just a bit lighter than usual, thank God. We might go see Hotel Rwanda, which looks to be a pretty decent film. St. Valentine's Day is still up in the air, but I'm thinking maybe Indian food late Sunday afternoon is a good date sort of thing for that. We'll see how it all works out.

Today I've listened to Phil Ochs, Skygreen Leopards, an episode of NPR's All Songs Considered, and the new Cass McCombs record, Prefection.

God forgive me, but my patience wears terribly thin when kids come in at the last minute on Friday afternoon and expect me to hold their hand and do their work for them when they can't figure out basic concepts for themselves. Then again, I'm not sure I'm all that patient a person in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home