Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Friday, December 10, 2004

My Secret Santa gave me organic coffee and homemade pumpkin bread today. I can't really think of anything I'd rather have received.

Now reading:
The Brothers Karamazov
Stop Smiling, a magazine I just found out about. I'm not sure why I never saw it when tooling around Chicago this summer (they're based in Chicago and been around for long enough to put out 19 issues as of early this fall) but I'm enjoying it so far. Pictures of William Burroughs. Interviews with Jeff Tweedy, Terry Southern, Jason Lee, Christopher Hitchens. Other good stuff. They and Pop Matters look to be good, intelligent reading that isn't just indie rock posturing or incessant declarations of hip.

My weekend looks to be full of housecleaning. I'd like also to do some zine work, we'll see. I did an article and edited four reviews last weekend. We also have Christmas shopping, a Sunday evening church potluck Advent get-together and next week is finals week for Stacey.
I also need to hit up Goodwill/Salvation Army for some pants. I'm down to only two decent pair of pants that I can wear for work, and one of them has a noticeable rip in the side that I just cover up by wearing long shirts or jackets all day. A few weeks ago one pair of pants (that formerly was just a back-up, anyway) popped a button. Part because I'm too fat and part because they're old. Wednesday morning I stretched too much and ripped a nice big hole in the crotch of my blue cords, which up to this week have anchored my wardrobe and provided me with about 3 days of wear. I hate buying "new" clothes because not only am I neurotic and picky, but also I just keep thinking the whole time of what else I could be doing.

That's about enough update for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home