Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Monday, February 17, 2003

Tonight I'm working on a Rhetoric assignment and at the moment, watching "All Things Rock." Sometimes this program is pretty insipid (go figure, it's on MTV), but tonight it's great. Tonight is British Invasion night.

A few observations (mostly about these videos, but also on a few other things):

**I've always envied Robert Smith's hair. I also wish I were cool enough to use eyeliner like he does. I like to have my hair be a cross between Robert Smith and Dylan's early years, mostly because mine is curly.

**The Rolling Stones' "Start Me Up" is a wonderful classic song, one of the greats, but the video is horrible. I mean, I love Jagger, but white sweatpants were NEVER EVER in style, and I just can't look.

**It's amazing how dynamic John Lennon (and the rest of the Beatles) could be just standing on stage and singing "Revolution" without even an audience.

**The Clash are where it's at. Joe Strummer, Rest In Peace. This video reminds me of that movie starring The Clash that I saw probably about a year ago in the now defunct "Omaha History Center."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home