Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Friday, February 14, 2003

We're supposed to get "amounts of snow" this weekend. Of course, some people are saying 1-3, others 3-5, and then the security guards downstairs we're going to get 9 inches of snow. Then again, these are people whose most significant duty is kicking homeless people out of the building.

I don't know why, but for some reason I'm really experiencing quite a bit of inner turmoil in regards to what I should have for dinner. Tacos sound really good, but of course I don't have a car yet so those are kind of out of the running. Then again, pretty much anything Italian sounds good. Maybe I'll just have a veggie burger and tater tots.
I'm sure this is the reason you read my blog. Eat a salad, Tubby, you whisper.

Someone who called a few minutes ago told me that people are lined up at stores frantically buying duct tape and plastic, blizzard groceries, and Valentine's Day gifts. I'm not really sure what to make of all this, really. Apparently Tom Ridge is trying to calm the masses down.
It sounds fatalistic, but I have to face reality. I live in an old building that won't ever be fully sealable. The cynic in me says that this new talk of highest-ever terror alerts is manipulative propaganda. The realist in me says there are some sick people in the world--some of them claim to love America, some hate it. So I'm just going to live.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home