Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Monday, February 10, 2003

Top 5 Highlights of my day thus far:
1. Not being able to concentrate on my work because a whiny toddler is stomping around and moaning and whining while her mother is counselled on her small business. It's been roughly 20 minutes now. This also includes having to hear the counselling session (actually it's just our director explaining things to her, not even really getting to the counsel part yet) and helping her for a few minutes before the kid was even in here.
2. Being asked to give special treatment for someone and notify her of any messages she might get that somehow don't get put in her voicemail. This includes telling her that no, I don't think she should count on that happening because otherwise I would have to do that with *everyone.*
3. Having to talk with a salesperson on the phone regarding some software one of our departments needs. These people can't give a straight answer to a question; they have to try to sell you on everything BESIDES what you're actually after. What should have been about a 3 minute phone call took 15 minutes.
4. Receiving an email informing me of the "Ten Reasons To Go To Work Naked." While I'm a little bit shy about nudity, I think I would like to spend my workday in nothing but my big white terrycloth robe.
5. I've had to wear a hat twice today (once on the way in, once on a really great walk at lunch) and my hair is unusually flat as a result, bringing on a couple "I didn't know your hair could do that!" comments. This isn't really annoying or anything, but trying to cope with the fact that my hair wants to be everyone and not just flat is a pain.

note: this is more for fun than to complain. my job has been fairly decent today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home