Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Monday, February 10, 2003

Wow, okay, so more didn't come. The last few days I just haven't written too much because a) I've been busy as always; and b) I would have been too apt to launch into some sort of diatrabe or complaining that would have been neither decent nor decent writing.

However, I'm back today, feeling fine. I actually got on a nice writing spurt last night, but of course it was used on a couple of homework assignments. I do have one essay I got some great ideas for and did a good bit of research on that. Plus I wrote some liner notes for a mix cd.

On Saturday I interviewed a prospective roommate. He's still hoping to get into this place that's much closer to his night job but will be keeping my place in mind. He's a pretty good guy, another writer, someone who has a good head on his shoulders and doesn't seem to be the "typical guy" stereotype I'm trying to avoid having as a roommate. I showed him the house, then we got to talking for a while. We ended up having a conversation regarding a few metaphysical things. I think he would be a good rommate. I interview someone else tonight, a businessman who would only be around a few days a week. That wouldn't be too bad either, it would give me a certain amount of solitude. I need to see about contacting a few other "matches" from the roommateservice.com website, though, because as it always goes, one can't be sure about things working out.

At this point, it doesn't matter a ton to me whether I have a male or female roommate. They both have their pros and cons. There are stereotypes and whatnot that I'm trying to avoid on both sides. For the record, having a female roommate for me at this point would have nothing to do with, you know, trying to hook up or anything like that. The complications that would arise out of that are just too many, not to mention the fact that I'm not really on the market for that sort of thing right now.

After last week's bus incident (I never did write about that in here, I was too upset about it and probably won't), I decided to give it a shot again this morning. Actually what really happened is I forgot to call someone who had promised to give me a ride this morning. By the time I remembered, it was 1:20am or something and I have brief moments of decency in which I realize that's a bit too late to call "normal people," especially those with young children. Sure enough, the first bus I tried to catch didn't come, so I walked a bit more and found one I knew would come and it did. I made it to work about 3 minutes early, which is perfect.

I have on this "Black History Month" station on "launch.yahoo.com" and they just started playing a Michael Jackson song.
I feel bad for the guy. I honestly think he's lost within his own mind. His childhood, joyful as it was for many he entertained, was pretty nuts. It's not surprising, I don't blame him for kind of reverting back to this lost childhood in his mind. I honestly think people don't really understand that he has legitimate issues. There's something actually refreshing about this sort of naive innocence he has, creepy as it comes across. More than anything, the man really needs a good advisor or two. He needs someone to say "Michael, I know this seems nice and innocent to you, but this is how it appears." Someone needs to be able to look him in the eye and say "that's not a good idea." I think for a relatively reasonable sum, I could do that job.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home