Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Thursday, February 13, 2003

After running a third of a mile this morning just to catch a bus, I realized that perhaps I should be doing this regularly anyway. Soon I will finally purchase some running shoes somehow.

I'm listening to some Simon & Garfunkel right now and "Cecilia" just came on and got me thinking about how much I like that name. Of course the song is good and that helps; a really good friend of mine has a daughter named "Cecilia," as well. What is especially attractive about that name to me is that St. Cecilia is the patron saint of music. Since music is such a big part of what makes life great for me, that would be more than appropriate for me to name a child....most likely a girl. ; )

I was thinking earlier today that perhaps I would like to purchase a mini-van. I doubt I could afford anything super-yuppie, which I want to avoid anyway. However, while most of my driving is just tooling around between work and church and home in Omaha, at what points I do travel back to MI/IN or even to go camping it would be great. Plenty of storage and extra seating space, plus I could always just put down a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor at rest stops if necessary. If I got really with it, I could pimp it out with shag carpet and curtains, though I'm not sure how soon I would get to that.

Lunch today was Tofu in Garlic Sauce with Fried Rice. My fortune: "You will never be last in line, you wil always excel!"

I'm getting excited. Today is the day pitchers and catchers report to Baseball's Spring Training. The full teams arrive next week. Sammy Sosa usually arrives late, however...it's some sort of superstition he has, allegedly. The way he produces I don't think anyone minds. Go Cubs.



"Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose; either way you look at it, you lose."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home