Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

I think that what would be fun (or at least interesting) today is to just keep a fairly honest continual journal.

7:58am
I've been at work for almost an hour. Right now on the "launch.yahoo.com" punk rock radio station is "Ball and Chain" by Social Distortion. Great Great Song. It's exactly how I feel being here this morning.
I just checked the voicemail. Since I have the main phone number for the department, I get some crazy stuff. This morning there were 14 voicemail messages. 12 of them were beeping because someone tried to fax something into the main line. That was a pleasant way to start a day. One voicemail message was someone I couldn't understand. The last message was one of my favorite co-workers calling to say she was stuck in traffic while they towed away a wrecked vehicle or two.
It's 8am and the song is "City of Angels" by the Distillers. I've heard good stuff about the Distillers before, but this is my first real exposure. I've been meaning to check them out and am glad to finally check them out. At exactly 8am, one of the bosses (there are a million here) called and rather than wait 3 minutes for his secretary to come in, gave me a detailed message for me to tell her to tell someone else. This will no doubt get ugly.
By 8:03 I've had 3 phone calls. One is someone insisting to talk to someone who doesn't work here and I've never heard of, but he insists that someone here must know something about her. I promise him I'll "check into it."
It's 8:06 and my last song on the punk station is The Transplants, "Diamonds and Guns." I have to change the station now because punk rock doesn't go over terribly well in this setting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home