Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Thursday, January 30, 2003

I went into the bathroom a few minutes ago and the head of Building Security was in there. The restroom reeked of alcohol and I'm pretty sure I smelled some weed in the mix. He's in there on his walkie-talkie communicating with another security person downstairs and I find out what's going on. Apparently a drunken homeless man is pretty much passed out in the stall. Street folks often come in and use our restrooms to clean up, rest, etc., so this is no surprise, but this poor man is unresponsive and keeps learning against the lever and flushes the toilet every 30 seconds or so. Eventually the Fire & Rescue personnel show up with a stretcher. I stuck around for the beginning to just kind of observe and, for my own peace of mind, make sure he's not kicked around or anything. They are very kind to him and speak in friendly tones. I felt good about the situation and was only going to be in the way, so I took off.
Anyway, just a mention of part of my day. But for the grace of God go I, God bless him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home