Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Monday, January 13, 2003

I was in the mood earlier to do album reviews, but I was at church doing inventory after work, got home about 9pm, and my mind decided that once I sat down, it wasn't in the mood anymore.
I stayed up waaay too late last night, but I'm glad I did.
Just to let you people know, for some reason my bottom window here has my text about 5 times too big. It's driving me nuts but not nuts enough to really do anything about it. As long as it isn't showing up on the blog page itself like that, I should be all right.

I have some "what I learned recently" content to write later, but right now it's time for
Jo-el Trivia:

--I own the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack on vinyl. R.I.P., Maurice Gibb. To us, you'll always be "Stayin' Alive."

--Female co-workers, married and "attached," tell me I smell nice. The word "turn-on" was used--I'm not kidding one bit. No, these are not sarcastic people we're talking about. Sure, friends who are girls and girlfriends alike have made similar comments, but this is even crazier. Thing is, I am mildly allergic to colognes (or being nearby a woman with heavy perfume)--my nose gets congested, sometimes my eyes run. Thank God for Old Spice deoderant, I suppose. Perhaps someday I'll hold a small child on my lap and tell him that he owes his existence to the fact that daddy smells good. I suppose that what I lack in good looks, intelligence and charm, I make up for in choosing the right way to smell.

--I played a talking wart hog once in a school play. i had to wear a mask that someone had used quite a bit of glue or rubber cement on to attach the snout. I could probably have done better in high school on academics had I not had to wear that for a couple hours in late elementary school. If you Baptist kids ever heard of "Patch the Pirate"...I played Worry the Wart Hog from whatever that Jungle episode was. That was far from being the highlight of my acting career, however; I went on to play a doctor who was a great friend to a minister and his family in my senior play, then helped a roommate in a college class who was directing a play. I played a character who, in that scene, tied up his wife, screamed at her, and threatened graphically to slit her throat (and was eventually tied up myself and hauled away).

--I don't like Cheerios. I like Honey Nut Cheerios, but I never did like the regular Cheerios.

--When my younger brother and I used to share a room, we used to always play this old Atari set. He was 5 years younger and I used to get very annoyed at the fact that he was better than I was at video games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home