Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Friday, November 09, 2001

Well, here i am, wearing a white shirt, black tie, black dickies. i look like the kid from American Beauty. Why? Well, because I just got hired. I am now (contingent on the passing of a background check, drug test, and remembering to show up for orientation the first day) am employee of Mutual of Omaha. my position is that of Image Research Operator. I work within 5 minutes of my apartment, which is nice. Some days I can come home on my 45 minute lunch break. gooood stuff.
in other news, still no phone book, 10 days after i was supposed to have received one. supposedly it's coming today. i guess we'll see.
today's also one of those days where i'm just sick of people's shit. i mean, really...show some damn consideration. selfishness is like a butt. we all have it, but you don't need to show it off.
last night i was hanging out with liz, jenni, then jill and kelly...the 5 of us went to a place i haven't been before called The Donut Stop. It's only open latenight to late morning. I had a custard-filled long john and a couple cups of coffee. great stuff, pretty cheap. good thing it only sits about 5-10 minutes away...
today not only did i have a drug test, but also a loose general physical. by that i mean, we covered the basics but i didn't get felt up. she (the medical person who took care of me) was a nice lady and i'm glad she didn't have to put herself through that. anyway, we had a good time, i peed in a cup, it all worked out. except one thing...i had to be weighed. i haven't weighed myself in a while. granted i was wearing boots when they weighed me today but still...i'm about 10 pounds higher than i'd like to be. i'm not overweight for my heighth but i know i am for my build. i guess my weight wouldn't bother me so much except i know there's too much fat. luckily they have a fitness center there and there's a park nearby where i can run. i think i'm going to here once i'm done with some writing.
blogger's down right now so i'll try it again later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home