Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Sunday, October 21, 2001

if i can do this regularly, it will be some sort of minor miracle.
then again, life is made up of minor miracles, so maybe it will happen.
my name is jo-el. within the last week and a half, i've moved to omaha, nebraska. so many people have asked why, and the only real answer is: because i needed to. at this point, going into it isn't going to happen. it'll happen piece by piece, entry by entry, and as you read my life you'll understand.
lately i've been listening to The Smiths a lot. if you don't, you should.
i need a job. on one hand, i am rather frustrated and worried about it. it's eating me up quite a bit right now. on the other hand, i have a certain hope and faith that it'll happen and i'll get a decent job and it'll be all right.
a few random facts to bore those who know me and intrigue those who wish they did. i'm 24, i hate using capital letters out of duty, my apartment has mostly hardwood floors, i made both a pie and cake from scratch yesterday, and lately i've really been digging the movie Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Incidentally, contrary to how that last sentence just painted me, i'm desperately heterosexual.
My friends tell me i have squirrels in my head. they were discovered last summer when i first visited omaha. we were in a small mexican restaurant called Trini's in the Old Market.
i enjoy the works of Pablo Neruda. also Flannery O'Connor and J.D. Salinger.
I've got a pumpkin on my front porch. I think some of the squirrels out there gnawed on it.
Well...I'm going over to Liz's now. We're gonna have some Merlot and just be quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home