Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Sunday, December 14, 2003

I finally did it.
Somehow I managed to work it so the television remote control fell into a cold cup of coffee.
Everything's been leading up to this, I later realized. I'm horrible at recognizing warning signs.
I'd just finished skimreading Richard Farina's Been Down So Long, It Looks Like Up To Me a second time for tomorrow night's final. Fascinating, incredibly well-written book, but after my eyes whizzed through 329 pages in a little over 3 hours, my coordination is amazingly less than its usual lousy. On top of that, the images coming from the television set played tricks with my eyes. Every moment on Adult Swim distracts me when my eyes are like this, even with the sound muted. Cooking in the oven one of those new three-cheese totino's pizzas. Bang, Splash.

Midnight brings a new day and this time, literal and figurative finally match up.
Macaroni salad joins the pizza. S.'s mom taught her well to put in the mustard.
Belle & Sebastian's new video, "Step Into My Office, Baby" plays second on Subterranean.
Lucky again. I think I'll go apply for that job at at the University tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home