Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

No kittens around today.
I allowed myself a bit of a morning off. I woke up around 9 and watched the episode of OC that I taped last night. Yes, I am addicted to my evening soap on FOX. We all have our dirty little habits and secrets, so I suppose it's time you know that's one of mine. Anyway, finished watching OC, took a shower, then decided to go check out the new coffee shop a block over. The owners are wonderful, beautiful people. On my way over I talked for a couple minutes to the guys on the recycling truck. Stacey and I want to do recycling but live in apartments, so we need to figure out what to do.
I got on down to the coffeeshop and ended up talking for a while with Jennifer, the lady who runs it, and Jamie (no idea on the spelling), some girl who was working there. I told them that S. and I are vegetarian and as a result, will be down to dig on their sandwiches now and then. I also thanked them for serving organic, fair-trade-certified coffee. It's great coffee, for the record. Organic is just better, any coffee snob will tell you that. We all ended up talking about music. The owners are cool about me wanting to get some good shows in there. Jennifer and Jamie (who isn't an owner, just works there) not as picky and snobby as I am about music and knowing some of the names they were rattling off, I won't exactly be there for every show, but there's some really good taste over there, I must admit. Jamie is big into stuff like Denison Witmer, Over the Rhine, the Innocence Mission, Pedro the Lion, that sort of thing. So anyway, I was there until around 11:30 and ended up bringing home a vegetable sandwich they made that was quite good.
On my way back, I noticed a piece of paper stuck underneath my windshield wiper. Turns out I need to renew my plates.
Tonight we have a couple guys coming over to look into renting the room upstairs. Ben scheduled the one guy, Mohammed, to come around at 6, which is smack dab in the middle of when I'll be at class. The second guy should be here at 7. I hate the process of looking for a new roommate. I'm quite picky and will definitely exercise my right to be so. I'm not too stoked about the one guy coming when I'm not here, because if Ben thinks he's great and we should offer it to him, I'll still have to interview him and whatnot myself. One thing that Ben and I are talking about doing is him renting out the townhouse next door and living in the basement like I do and renting out the two bedrooms. I don't really care too much either way at this point, just don't want to put myself in any more precarious positions...I've been burnt before and am willing to take as many precautions as I need to.
Anyway, there's your update for the day and I'm sorry it wasn't too terribly interesting or funny or whatever you want it to be.

Listening to:
The Innocence Mission
Lower Lights Burning
Echoboy


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home