Distracted Blues

Distractions Galore!

Thursday, August 28, 2003

Okay, a frantic 3rd entry.

Last night was the first meeting of my Composition Theory and Practice class.
I got there a little late. I'd worn boots all day and I have a toe that's been in quite a bit of pain off and on for about two weeks now and it couldn't take a few more hours in boots, so I stopped off at home and changed into some Chucks. I walked into class and the chairs were all drawn into a circle. I recognized a few people in there from other classes, including a couple "schoolfriends." "Schoolfriends" are people that you would probably hang out with outside of class, and inevitably run into now and then at Target or the coffeeshop or a show or something, but to actually take that next step and say "wanna hang out sometime?" seems a bit forward. I know at least a couple occasional readers know Joe Beard. He's in my class. He and I talked a bit about the new Over the Rhine album after class. I guess he and his wife are going to see them at the end of September. Also in my class is Shana. She was in Rhetoric with me and we both took the Online Astronomy over the summer. S. and I saw her and her boyfriend at Target about a week ago or so. Anyway, our Rhetoric prof is teaching this class and she made Shana and I tell everyone about our Simpsons project we did this past spring for the class. The prof (Joan Latchaw, for UNO readers) still digs the project and it's nice to be part of a memory. Anyway, the class went pretty well. We went around the room and each told our names, what our major or whatever is, and made a couple comments about the class subject. Prof is a big discussion type person so we ended up going on for about 2 hours that way, discussing and arguing and point-counterpointing and all that. It was a good time, really. I am not quite sure what I'll learn in the class, but I know it will be quite a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home